Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walking!











We have had a nice start to the new year. Marc's Dad Bob (GrandPappy Bob) came down for New Years and it was so nice to see him. We threw a party and had a great gathering of friends for the big night. 2010 is here, and it seems so hard to believe that 10 years have gone by since the Y2K scare. Marc and I went backpacking that year at Redwood Creek...it was fun not knowing if everything went haywire back in town! Of course, everything was fine. Lucy loves her GrandPappy Bob, and enjoyed spending time with him. He tickled her, played with her, and read to her. Marc and I are always to glad to have him for a visit. After New Years came the first of the 2010 colds, not far off of the heels of the Christmas cold. Ugh! And now Lucy is trying to recover from yet another cold!!! She has been napping since 9am and it is now almost 1pm. I know it comes with the territory, but it is sad and frustrating that the colds keep coming.

Developmentally, Lucy is getting much more confident with her walking. She can make it across the room! It is so cute to see. She still crawls most of the time, but is taking a lot of initiative and walking quite a bit. She has figured out how to blow the whistle my parents bought me many years ago, and she loves to work on her puzzles and her shape-sorters, and is even having some success! Maybe I have already written about it, but Lucy loves our hair. She finds a lot of comfort in holding a ponytail and running her fingers through it. Needless to say, this can hurt, and she has pulled a lot of hair out. I tried to offer her several alternatives, from a soft stuffed animal to a small cloth doll with yarn for hair. She did not like the suggestions, and would throw the toys anytime I offered them to her. So, one night I had the bright idea to get her her own hair! The next day I got her a Disney Barbie, and she LOVES her hair! It was instant attraction, thank goodness! She carries her hair (as I call the barbie) all over the house, holds it as she is falling asleep, and generally loves on it. Who knew that her first security object, besides Mom, Dad and Binky, would be a barbie? Whatever works! And my hair is pulled much less often!

3 comments:

kamesse said...

I can't believe Lucy is walking! So exciting! The Barbie hair thing is too funny. Katie always did the same thing with Lori's hair. I think she might even still do it!

Ronda said...

I just want to hug her when I see her pictures. Give her one for me.
Love, Auntie Ronda

Marian said...

I found the blog. She is such a sweetie. I hope you took pictures on her birthday. I wish I was there to see her in person.
Love you all, Great Grandma M (otherwise known as GG