Friday, March 12, 2010

Sweet Lucy







e
I hope that everyone is doing well and loving life. Lucy is doing great, although she is getting over a double ear infection. She seems to be feeling much better than she did earlier in the week. It does seem as though it has been one cold after another for her, poor little girl! Despite her illness, she has been having fun and learning a lot. She has preferred to feed herself for some time now, and is getting more skilled with a fork and spoon. I think she looks so cute all messy, but Marc would disagree. He likes her face clean. She loves to eat most anything...I hope that she remains open to new foods as she gets older. Gracie and Uliei the cat are still her favorite playmates besides Mom and Dad. The other morning she was resting her head on Gracie, and it was so cute. The day I took Lucy to the doctor and found out she had an ear infection was also the day we had to take Uliei to the vet, as he has been sick as well. He was so scared that he snuggled up next to Lucy and stayed there. Neither of them felt very good. Lucy is walking everywhere and letting us know what she wants more and more. She brings us book after book, and seems to have favorites. It is so much fun to watch her grow! She isn't really a baby anymore. She loves to imitate us, either with sounds or hand games. She loves to stick her tongue out and in, out and in. Sometimes she says Mommy, and I think she knows what she means. The same goes for Daddy, and Hi. Out in public she is a little charmer, and just loves to look at people, and wave hello and smile. I like to think that she brightens a lot of people's day. We found out on Monday that she is going to need glasses. I took her to the eye doctor to get her tear duct evaluated, as she has had a clogged tear duct since she was born. The Dr. did a full exam and discovered she is nearsighted with an astigmatism. He is also concerned about her droopy left eye, and will be doing a test to rule out anything serious. I am hoping that everything is OK! Soon, you will begin to see pictures of her in glasses! I think she will look cute, and hopefully she wont destroy too many pairs over her childhood!

Thanks for checking in! Love, Koree

4 comments:

kamesse said...

Lucy will look so adorable with glasses! I think I saw that dress at Target yesterday (top pic) and even pointed it out to the boys. So cute!!

Stephanie said...

Koree, thanks so much for posting the new pics and update! It makes my day when there is something new on your website. Give the baby xxxs and ooos for us! Love from Stephanie

Grandma Pam said...

Hi Koree,

Love the blog updates as Stephanie mentioned too, it makes us all smile to see our little baby Lucy growing up to be such a sweet little toddler!

Hugs to you all,

Mom

Grandma Pam said...

This is Lucy's Gram-Pa.
Dear Koree, What are you doing to my grand daughter? What's with the antenna sticking out of her head? She looks like a fruit cake in that dress. Are those striped socks on her legs. Fruit cake and stripes do not go together. Please, you are embarrassing my grand daughter. I know that she looks like she's having fun, but deep inside she's crying out save me gram-pa save me.