Monday, November 8, 2010

Momma's little helper!












Lucy has been doing great and amazes me daily with the things that she understands and is able to do.  Her ability to communicate her needs is growing and she is using a few 2-word sentences. I have been getting a bit more creative in finding ways to do what I need to get done, but at the same time engaging her. One of these new activities is cooking and baking together. She is a natural, and loves to help put ingredients into the bowl, or put chopped veggies into the pan...if Marc or I starts working in the kitchen, the next thing we know she has pulled over a chair so she can help. One funny thing she has been doing is smiling for the camera, but closing her eyes for the flash...I have several funny closed eyes pics of her now! The night before Halloween our friends Polly and Jim hosted a party which was lots of fun. Lucy was a cute butterfly. Because of a late nap, she stayed up until we left at 11:45, dancing and having fun. Don't worry, it was a family friendly party, with lots of kiddos. On Halloween we got blessed with a beautiful day after a night of rain and went mushroom hunting with Rose, Robin and Baby Evan in the Mt. Hood National Forest. We found so many mushrooms which was lots of fun, and a grocery bag full of chanterelles. Yummy! The best part was spending the day in the woods. I didn't take Lucy trick-or-treating, but we did pass out candy. Lucy was not sure what to think about that.  Ever since Halloween Lucy has been wanting me to paint her face! :) Last night we went to a baby shower for our friends Michelle and Rob, and she played with a super cute car.  She is currently "surprising" me by popping up from behind the chair, and laughing and laughing. She is so cute!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucy looks like a real sweetie-pie - love all the new pics of her! You both looked great for Halloween :) Watching them grow is so much fun, all of the funny vocab and all the new discoveries are priceless. Enjoy every minute! Love to your family xoxo

monet said...

so cute! love the bangs and braids! I'm not a baker, no do I want to be eating muffins, cookies, or pies, but terje loves to help with that, so we do it! and thanks for all the kind thoughtful words on my blog. I'm taking the transition in stride now, and we're all happier! he still needs a nap just because he can't go more than 7 or 8 hours without looking exhausted, but by then it's too late, so we're trudging through, and the early bedtime has been great. time for tyler to study, and I get to work out! I'll be doing more preschool homework, but if I can't afford the places I love, I'll just do preschool at home. Tyler didn't go to preschool and he managed just fine!

Jamilicious Fancy Footwork said...

I miss you too Koree! These are fabulous pictures of you all. Lucy is so adorable. I wish I had a Tu Tu like hers. You sound like you are having so much fun. The trip to Mt. Hood and the mushrooms sounds awesome. Some day, I promise, we will make it to Portland for a visit and you have to take me there.
My love to you all.
Jamie