 |
| Lucy Kat! |
 |
| So sweet |
 |
| Jake and Auntie Diana |
 |
| Uncle Nick, Jake and Lucy |
 |
| So happy! |
 |
| Look at his little elf ears! |
 |
| Making everybody smile! |
 |
| Aunt Ronda, Jake, Lucy and TuTu |
 |
| Blueberry picking with Evan. I told them to get close for the photo, and Lucy went to put her arm around Evan, and he scooted away! |
 |
| Lucy was so proud of all of the berries she picked |
 |
| Little buddy loves taking baths! |
August is here, and we are enjoying the warm summer days and nights here in Portland. Jake is a happy little baby boy, and Lucy is a great big sister. Jake is smiling and starting to coo a little bit. He is becoming more and more aware of his environment, and checking things out. He really likes being outside under trees. He is growing and growing, and is bigger then Lucy was at three months old, and he is only 8 weeks! He really likes to take baths, it is one of his favorite things. Tonight he was crying as we got the bath ready, but as soon as we got him in the bath he was like "ohh, this again, I like this!" He is sleeping fairly well, I can't complain there. We love him so much. Lucy is doing well and sure loves her role as the big sister. She LOVES to help, with anything she can...diaper changes, baths, she even tried to help with nursing, like she was a little lactation consultant or something! I love talking with her now, she is so expressive and observant. She often says things like "when Daddy gets home, he is going to say Wow Lucy you cleaned your toys up!" She has learned how to skip, and it is so cute to watch her skip around. I wish I could press "pause" and soak up the kids where they are right now, and halt the relentless forward marching of time just for a little bit! Even with all of the hard effort it takes to parent young children, it really is such a special time in all of our lives.
We have had some wonderful visitors, including my brother Nick and his wife Diana, and Marc's Mom Randy and her sister Ronda. Jake and Aunt Ronda share a birthday! We are so lucky to be surrounded by so many people that love and care about us. I am grateful for this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment