 |
| Cool Lucy |
 |
| Lucy at the Salmon Street Fountain |
 |
| Aunt Dianne and Jake |
 |
| LucyKat! |
 |
| Windy Day |
 |
| Rose and Sean |
 |
| Lucy and Marc flying a kite |
 |
| Jakey-Boy's first beach trip! |
 |
| He liked getting his toes in the sand |
 |
| Sean and Jake |
 |
| Little Guy |
 |
| For Tasha! |
 |
| Just some of the bounty |
 |
| Lucy |
 |
| Watch out! |
This has been a very nice, warm, sunny September. Usually I feel like there is more back-and-forth action with the weather is September, but this year it has only been gorgeous. I have a feeling Fall is going to come in with a bang soon. We have enjoyed things like going downtown to meet Marc at lunch and play in the Salmon Street Fountain, and taking a long afternoon walk at the zoo. We got to head out to Garibaldi on the Oregon Coast for a weekend with friends which was so much fun. Jake visited the ocean for the first time and it was so special for me. I dipped his little toes in the water in honor of my GrandPaddy, who died in 2001. I would have loved to have had her dip his little toes in the water for the first time! He loved it and he also liked putting them in the sand. Lucy got to fly a kite for the first time which was exciting. The guys went crabbing and we feasted! Mmmm, crab...
Jake is becoming so much more interactive, grabbing at things and sticking things on his mouth. He is working on rolling over but is not quite there yet. He is laughing, which is oh, so sweet. He loves to watch Lucy and is starting to look around for her. Lucy started Preschool a couple of weeks ago and she is really enjoying it. Today she didn't even want me to hug her goodbye in front of the other kids! Already! I was glad though, when I picked her up and she shouted "Mommy!" and ran over and hugged me. I love spending time with her and getting to know her. She is becoming more and more sophisticated in her tastes, both with food and other things, and will tell me she likes things "sort of" or "not really" or "this is my favorite!" The other day she said that something was a "butt in the pain." (She got that one from her Dad!) She always is asking me to have friends come over, she just loves to play with other kids. It will be so nice for her as Jake grows and they can play together!
I went back to work earlier this month, and though my schedule is very light it was sad to say goodbye to maternity leave. It has been such a special time hanging out, taking care of Jake and Lucy, and enjoying summer. Even with all of the hard work it can be caring for young kids, I really have loved it. I hope to continue to enjoy my family in the moment, cultivating love, happiness, and positive energy.
1 comment:
Cute pics! I need to get my hands on that baby! Love him!!
Post a Comment