Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 2012

Future Humboldt Grad! 

Mushroom hunting with Evan

GrandPappy, Jake and Marc

Look at those eyebrows!

Happy boy!

Lucy and her menagerie

Lucy likes to wear footie pajamas like her baby brother.

Siblings!

Getting ready for her first sleepover!

Auntie and Jakey, all bundled up!

Jake has finally really noticed Sean

Snuggling with Daddy

Jake and Gracie

Fall color in our yard

Dress up!

Marc, cooking on Thanksgiving Day

Katie, beautiful Katie

Lucy and GrandPappy Bobby

Lucy and her special friend Stella

Marc and Tiffany

Katie and I

Fun on the swing

Our Thanksgiving Family

Look at this boy!!!
The month of November was filled with good times! We went out mushroom hunting with Robin and Rose, enjoying a day in the woods of the Mt. Hood National Forest. This was not a very good season for wild mushrooms, perhaps because we had a long, dry summer. I suppose it was a good trade-off! Katie and Bob and all of us still had an adventure. Lucy loves tromping in the forest.  Lucy had her first sleepover, at her friend Stella's house. She had a great time! When Casey called to ask if Lucy wanted to spend the night, he wasn't sure if she would be ready. Lucy, however, immediately went to her room and began packing (she only packed toys!).  Lucy did great and I was so proud of her, but it is hard to believe that she is growing up so quickly!

We hosted a Thanksgiving dinner and I really enjoyed it. I loved planning the food and cooking. I learned a lot, and I love to learn more about cooking good food. It has been so nice having family in town, Katie and Bob are such a nice addition to our "Portland" family. Tiffany and Ben joined us, as well as Casey, Aesoon and Stella. The food was great, and the company even better. Lucy really had fun!

Lucy is coming more and more into her own everyday. She is taking swim lessons, and I love watching her in the pool, dunking under and floating. She is getting the hang of it! Her vocabulary is growing, and of course she says the funniest things. "Mom, I'm LEARNING" accompanied by an eye roll has popped out of her mouth at a couple of funny times, when I am getting frustrated. She is reminding me herself that she is just a kid, and to be patient! I got home after a particularly sad day at work and she greeted me by running up to me, smiling and saying, "Mommy, I just had a hangaburger." It was great! I am so lucky to have her! In her speech she uses the word "from" instead of "because". She loves to make up lyrics to songs. Here is one that she composed about Gracie: "Gracie is my favorite dog, and I love her in time beneath my heart, and really really happy and if I don't like the pie any more then I give it to Gracie, my doggy, doggy dog!" :)I showed her how to make snapdragons "talk" by pinching them, and now whenever we go out front she will pick a snapdragon and make it talk. She still loves doing artwork, and it is so much fun for me to watch her as she progresses! She is our special, special girl.

Jake is also growing like crazy. He is not quite six months and he fits perfect in 12 month clothing. It's crazy! He is really beginning to move...he rolls and rolls, and can fan out in any direction, or push himself backwards.  He can get everywhere! He is starting to use his legs to push himself sort of forward. Soon he will be up on his knees! He talks all the time, squealing and making loud sounds at times. He will start to loudly hum if he is tired. Sometimes he falls asleep on his own! Jake is getting more balanced with sitting, but is still pretty wobbly. He loves singing, bath time (!), books and his toys. He grabs at everything, and has pretty good hand-eye coordination already. He has loves to reach out and grab the "ringer" on the wind chimes in his room and make them chime. He gets very excited doing that. He is teething, but no teeth yet! He does like to eat his oatmeal, or rice cereal. Yesterday, however, I mashed in some banana and he did NOT like it. He spit out every little bit! I kept trying to no avail! He loves his big sister, and she loves him. They love each other! Sometimes we all play "Super Jake! Coming to the Rescue!" It is a fun make believe scenario. Lucy adores playing make believe!!!  Jake is a happy little boy, very easy going and calm. We sure love our Baby Bubba.

We are all doing well and loving life. Sometimes the pace of life can seem overwhelming, Marc and I both have many responsibilities outside of the home, and relationships that we cherish. It is a balancing act trying to keep it all together sometimes, and keep the house clean and us all fed! I would not trade any of it though, and spending time writing down these thoughts about my family reminds me of what it is all about...love.

No comments: