Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Starting out the Summer

Jake sees the water and makes a beeline for it every time, this is how he earned the nickname Baby Honu

Sean, however, is content to check out the water from a far. He is so cute!

Lucy loves the water too!

Bubba getting his first haircut! He is starting to think, "hmmm...what is going on?"

Now he is crying like the kid in the chair next to him. He was just fine though!

Good thing GrandPappy was there to comfort him afterwards!

Jake just loves brushing his teeth! If we leave the bathroom door open on accident, it is inevitable that he will end up in there!
Little Guy

Lucy helping Jake walk.

Art time!

The little artist is having fun!

Well, I don't think he is having as much fun anymore...

Doing the sign for "I'm done"

Driving the car!
The summer started out with trips to a favorite park with a cool water feature. Rose and I like to meet up there. I just love how Jake digs the water so much! I have really appreciated being able to meet up with Rose for different adventures this past year. She is heading back to work full time, so that will change...but she is an awesome teacher and her students are going to be glad she is back!

Jake has been joining in on art time, and he particularly loves scribbling with markers. Paint is also fun for him (until he is done!).  Lucy is into making collages, and drawing. She helps herself oftentimes, and I am glad we have a playroom where the art is (mostly) contained!  In early June Jake started to stand on his own. An exciting development!

No comments: