Thursday, April 9, 2009

Auntie Time!





This past week and a half we have been lucky to get two visits with special Aunties. First my sister Katie came up from Oceanside for a relaxing week. I did not think we would be getting to see Katie for several months, and it was fun getting to share Lucy with her, and have her see all of the new things that she can do. Also, after Lucy's birth, Katie was here during our most stressful time, so it was good to see her and not be worrying about surgery. The weather was pretty rainy, so we mostly stayed at home playing with Baby Lucy. After she left, Marc's Aunt Ronda came up from Garden Grove. It was special having her here, especially as Grandma Randy is in Morrocco. She always brings the sun with her, and we enjoyed a BBQ at the farm (Rose and Robin's house), a long hike at 1000 acres wilderness, and a trip to downtown Portland's Pioneer Square. For those of you who don't know, Pioneer Square is considered Portland's "living room" and great for people watching. Lucy was entranced by all of the activity there! Aunt Ronda also helped me with some weeding, which was awesome! Thanks! Needless to say, Aunt Ronda left and the rain returned. That's OK, summer will be here soon! Lucy is doing wonderfully and is super smiley! We love her so much, and are so lucky to have so many people that love her as well. Her Great Aunite Colleen gets to meet her tomorrow...this really is Auntie time! Love, Koree

Ps. Today is Lucy's Uncle Nick's 30th birthday, and my old friend Karen's birthday. Happy Birthday to you both!

3 comments:

monet said...

fun times! Lucy totally has your lips! so cute! and you guys get out way too much...I swear I didn't go anywhere for ...oh wait I still dont' go anywhere!...

kamesse said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! That is such a beautiful photo of Lucy and Katie... one I am sure she will grow to treasure. I really need to see this baby - she is too cute!! I'm hoping that Jamie starts a blog or joins FB... I didn't even know that she had already had her baby! Happy Easter!

Grandma Pam said...

"Auntie Time" sounds like it was filled with lots of love & an adventure here and there too! Lucy sure looks grown up with her Aunt Rhonda, I love the purple outfit! Katie's photo with Lucy is now on my desktop computer so everytime I turn on my computer I see my beautiful girls; you should have taken a photo with the three of you and it would have been all my "girls"! Miss you lots...keep the blogs coming as I look so forward to each one of them.