Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Father's Day and 5 months!






We have been having a busy month! Sorry for the lack of posting. Lucy is doing great, and is nearly 5 months old already! She is becoming so aware of her world, and curious about everything. Grabbing, reaching, babbling, rolling, pounding hands on the table...she is an active girl! Last weekend we went to Central Oregon to stay in a cabin for a few nights. We stayed on East Lake, an awesome place, with fishing, hiking, hot springs, and all kinds of cool volcanic things to see, as the area is the Newberry volcano, an ancient volcano. It was kind of cold this year, but we were still able to do lots of fun stuff, and Lucy experienced several firsts. She had her first boat ride (she was none too happy about the life jacket!), her first time seeing hot springs (too hot for her to go in), her first time playing with pebbles on the shore, her first time in a high chair (boy was she excited, sitting at the table with us!), her first time on a swing, which she LOVED, and her first time feeding the ducks, or rather, watching me feed them. She was mesmerized by the ducks, and it was fun for me as it reminded me of growing up in Canyon Lake and taking bread down to Indian Beach to feed the ducks. Marc had his first Father's Day, which was fun and relaxing for him. He is a great Daddy for Lucy and so wonderful with her. She loves to see him and gets excited when he gets home from work. We are both so lucky to have him in our lives! Yesterday was our three year wedding anniversary. :)

I hope that you are all doing well and loving life. Remember that each day is a gift that we are blessed to receive, and to not take anything for granted.

6 comments:

Grandma Pam said...

I have been visiting your blog daily hoping for an update and tonight I got my wish! What a wonderful trip you three experienced! You are so right, each day is a gift and we are blessed to have so much love in our lives. I can hardly wait for our July visit. God is so good to us all!
Love and Kisses,

Mom

Katie said...

I love you all dearly and miss you even more! XOXOX

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary !! I hope you both had a great one. Lucy is looking so much older, I see alot of your husband in her. Whenever you are in town let me know so we can get together. That is funny that you brought up Indian Beach I live right by that park and Kevin loves to feed the ducks there.

monet said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun! And Lucy! My goodness, so much has happened since I last checked in! Milestone mania up there! She looks just like Marc in that swing! Well the happy expression anyway ;0) Nice to catch up with you here as always. good for you for taking short family trips, such a great thing for all of you.

Katie said...

When do we get to see pics of the new kitchen?

Anonymous said...

I bet Lucy is itchin' to get back to another Dead concert!

Congrats on your first Father's Day Marc!!

Cousin Andy