Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April's Antics















Lucy has been having a great April. She had a visit from her Aunt Ronda, which we all enjoyed. While she was here, we went to the Oregon Zoo. Lucy was really into it, noticing animals and other kids...she was taking it all in. She was wearing an outfit that her Grandma Randy sent from Morocco. I think the highlight for her was the big cats. She was excited to see lionesses, but when she got sight of the lion she light up! Pointing and exclaiming, she was amazed! She was on top of Marc's shoulders and had a good view. Aunt Ronda helped me by babysitting Lucy while I visited Baby Nicolas, our friends Rachel and John's newborn. He was readmitted to the hospital for a fever, but he was just fine. He is so cute and special!

Lucy loves to play outside, helping in the garden. Yesterday I planted some seedlings in pots, and she wanted her own pot of soil, planted her flower in it, made sure I watered it and then carried it over and placed it with my pots. She loves, loves, loves dandelions and will pick them any chance that she gets. She feels that she can hold an infinite number of them at the same time. Artwork is also a fun activity. She goes through her art box and picks out what she would like to work on. She gets messy, but that is OK. I have been amazed lately at how good she is getting at feeding herself, eating sandwiches and using her fork and spoon with skill. She sits at her little table now for every meal. She is still learning about chair safety...she is a climber! We have been spending time with Rose and Baby Evan, who is growing! I can't believe it. Time just flutters by.

My Uncle Ron passed away yesterday. He helped me to pick out a great bike when I graduated from high school, driving me to several bike shops. I still have that bike, and have ridden lots of good miles on it since then. I am so sorry that my cousins have lost their Dad. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Koree! Sorry to hear about your Uncle. Lucy seems amazing, like her Mom and Dad. She's pretty freaken cute! I have been thinking about you lately!! Hope all is well. C-dog