In the beginning of August we took a long road trip to Telluride, Colorado. The basic reason for the trip was to see Phish play for two nights in one of the most beautiful venues in the country, but ultimately it was all about being on the road, checking out amazing parts of the west and spending time as a family. Our first night we camped near the Grande Ronde River, in Eastern Oregon. The campground was practically empty, and just beautiful. It was a good start.
The second night we went off course and camped out right next to the most incredible hot springs I have ever been to in my entire life. It was a hot springs creek through this little valley, and we basically had it to ourselves. Marc and I both feel very drawn to Southern Idaho every time we go there. There is something about the sky, the hills, the sagebrush, and the way we feel when we are there. We love it. It is a very active geothermal area with a high concentration of natural hot springs. Lucy was so cute in her first hot springs experience. :) In the above photos, if you look closely you can see steam rising from the creek, and the water in the creek is gloriously warm. There were many, many pools for soaking, and the spot couldn't have been nicer.
At night, we were able to soak in the springs and still hear Lucy in the tent if she woke up. The stars were out in full force, and there was a lightning storm way off in the distance. Sitting in the hot water, watching shooting stars and spending time with Marc is something I will remember for the rest of my life.

4 comments:
Looks like a wonderful Vacation! You all look very happy and Lucy is a total doll. I am in Idaho, living with my brother for now. Hope to see you guys soon. Either in your neck of the woods or mine. Does Marc's Dad still live up here? Well, Keep me in your info loop. I love hearing how you all are. Miss you lots!
Elizabeth
OK...that makes me want to have one 1 year old again....the solitude and peacefulness of it all sounds like a trip of a lifetime...no wonder you had a hard time returning to normal life. That's ok...there will be many more trips coming your way. Love you guys...Polly
Koree-Your last sentence is so beautiful. I'm so glad you and Marc have each other. Love C.H. ha! ha! Ha! akak C-dad
Koree-Your last sentence is so beautiful. I'm so glad you and Marc have each other. Love C.H. ha! ha! Ha! aka C-dad
Post a Comment