Arches is nothing short of a miracle. The geology there is breathtaking. We arrived as the day was ending, and when we got there we had a nice break at the visitor center, complete with cool statues of ravens, big horn sheep and goats. I enjoyed checking out the gift shop! Then we found a camping spot just outside of the park along the Colorado River. Wow! There was an amazing 360 degree view, just amazing. The ground is so firm in that red-rock country. We relaxed, took in the view and sunset.
The next morning we arose and headed into the park. First stop was a viewpoint of Delicate Arch. It was beautiful but there were tons of people. I would say about half of the visitors were American and half Foreign. We lucked out and the hike we chose to do had almost no people. We had two arches all to ourselves on our hike, Tapestry Arch and Broken Arch (not to be confused with the arch that actually broke a few years ago). We took a hiking break at Sand Dunes Arch before heading back to the car. My photos only do it a smidge of justice! I feel lucky to have visited this place and hope to spend more time there someday. Lucy rode in the backpack for the hike. She seems to enjoy it. :)

3 comments:
so awesome! Oh I have to see that place in person! Amazing...our little family really needs to get out more! Thanks for inspiring!
and I'm sorry I can't help but share this, have you seen it? hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI
Arches National Park is one of my favorite places. Beautiful pictures.
Looks like a perfect family vacation
soooo cool Koree! I love that you're adventuring. I remember seeing that some sort of LiveStrong bike ride happens there and I always thought that would be cool...Cdad
Post a Comment