Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Timothy Lake

I couldn't resist including this photo of Uliei with a bib on. Wonder who put it on him?

Girls night!

"I'm balancing!"

Lucy and Samantha

Evan

 Lucy, Rose and Sarah and I. This is the life!

Lucy and Sophia

Kids table!

Lucy with a crawdad. She said, "It's not real." She had checked them out when they were alive...didn't stop her from eating several! I did tell her that it was definitely real.

Casey, with the toad I spotted, and Robin caught. We let it go soon after. Fun times around the campfire!

Lucy and Mommy. 
Last weekend Lucy and I went camping with several friends. Marc stayed home to work on his master's thesis. (He is almost done with a rough draft!!! Yes!!!)  Rose, Lucy and I headed out early on Thursday to get a good spot at Timothy Lake. We loaded everything onto her boat, and crossed the lake. We found a great spot and had a fun night together. As the weekend progressed, several friends joined us. The weather was gorgeous, and we spent most of each day in the water. The boys put out crawdad pots, and Saturday night we had a feast. Timothy Lake is awesome! Lucy had fun with her floatie, and playing with her friends. I am greatful that we have so many wonderful people in our lives. When I was packing up inside the tent on Sunday morning, Lucy began to get very clingy. I finally asked her if she was sad that we were leaving and she said yes. She wanted to keep on camping. I am so glad that she enjoys it just as I do!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Koree! Timothy Lakes looks awesome!! I am happy for you girl.....I especially like the one where you are floating on the water...

Katie said...

OMG! I love these pics! She is such a sweet silly girl!

Jamilicious Fancy Footwork said...

How wonderful for you and Lucy to have this camping adventure. She is such a lucky girl to have a mom that lets her experience being outside among the crawdad. I do wish we could live closer, I guarantee you that I would be up for such adventures with you and Marc. That is fantastic he is writing up his thesis now. What a surreal accomplishment!! You both inspire me all of the time. Love you, Jamie
P.S. Lucy is getting exponentially cuter with each new post

Celeste Dodge said...

Lucy has the sweetest smile!

monet said...

she ate them! the crawdads? well she is clearly an adventurous girl...my step mom made them for us (once), and when I saw their eyes pop out..it was over for me..couldn't touch 'em...silly happy girl, looks like you've all been having fun!