 |
| Too Cool! |
 |
| Never enough sunglasses photos! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Marc! |
 |
| Matt, Stephanie and Mason |
 |
| Loving life! |
 |
| We are so lucky! |
 |
| On the dance floor |
 |
| Phish |
To kick of our vacation this year we traveled up to central Washington's Gorge Amphitheater. Phish played a two night stand at the scenic venue, and many of our close friends were there. Matt, Stephanie and Mason came down and it was great having family with us. Lucy loves her cousin Mason! We had a wonderful time camping and celebrating! Lucy enjoyed dancing, the music and people watching. The second night was Marc's birthday! She wanted to go down to the dance floor, and though I was hesitant, there was actually tons of space way off to the side. There she danced with some other kids. It was great! We have a great group of friends who went with us, which makes the experience so much fuller. These were Lucy's 8th and 9th Phish shows. Wow! Don't worry, she wears earplugs. :) The shows were top notch. Phish really is my favorite. Some of their songs are fabulous, dynamic, strange, creative masterpieces. I just love dancing to them. We were treated to some intense jamming and crazy light show on Friday, and Saturday I was glad to hear Reba, a song I have wanted them to play for several shows now. At first listen you notice these odd lyrics, but the song has some parts that are just beautiful. In the last month I have asked Lucy who was playing when I put Phish on and she immediately answered "Phish." I also pointed to a photo of Phish, and she knew it was them. Last week I asked what album she wanted to dance to. She said, "Not Phish." However, after a 30 minute dance party to the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack (whew!), she then asked for Phish! Crisis averted! I am sure someday she will reject her parents music, but for now we're OK! This was a great start to our summer vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment