Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hola! Long time no see!




Hey there! I have not been able to update this blog...and then I went and lost all of the most recent pictures, from camping at Timothy Lake up at Mt. Hood, from the String Summit music festival camp trip, and from my parents recent trip...bummer! I guess you will have to believe me that we have been having a blast this summer and getting out there and enjoying ourselves. It's worth the effort!!! Lucy is growing by leaps and bounds, and learning so many things. Today she just really began to be able to sit unassisted. She topples from time to time, but not much. She stayed steady for the above photo while playing with sand at the Clackamas River. We have been spending a lot of time down there as it is HOT here in Portland (106 today). It feels good to me, but I am glad it only sticks around above 90 for a couple of weeks a year. Just a taster! Lucy has been a champ, and loves the squirt bottle for cooling off. Today she also kind of got up onto all fours...ut-oh, watch out, I think crawling is around the corner! She went through a phase of blowing raspberries, with her tongue and lips. She would do it first thing when she woke up there for a while. It was so funny that the first thing she would think of to do when opening her eyes was bbbbblllll....with her lips. SO FUNNY! She also would roll and roll and roll around the living room. She is getting her vowel sounds down, aaahhh, ooohhh, eee, iiiii, and she loves to laugh and smile. Baby Lucy is such a sweetie and lights up the room. Thanks for checking in, I will try not to go so long without updating again.

PS. Rose stuck those sunglasses on her today. :) So cute! Yesterday I bought her that spiderman ball and when I show it to her she gets super excited. I think it is excitement about the ball and not Spiderman, but perhaps we have a future fantasy/sci-fi lover like her parents in the works. THANKS to my Mom and Dad for their fun visit, and watching Lucy so Marc and I could go on a date to see Harry Potter. It was awesome!

4 comments:

monet said...

Hey there, sorry to hear you lost your photos! It's the worst feeling...but you have the memories! So nice you guys are enjoying the summer...Love that first picture! Salute!

Jessica said...

Cute pictures !! I love the one of her wearing the sunglasses and the adorable fish hat. So cute. She is getting so big.

Grandma Pam said...

So sad you lost your pics, but luckily I have some to share...we had a BLAST in Portland and LOVED our time with you all ~ Lucy lights up the world with her smile... Thanks for putting up with Grandma and Grandpa! We love you all!

Grandma Pam

Anonymous said...

i'm in love with lucy!! she is soooo cute!! C-dad