Phew! Now that I finally got up all of my posts about our vacation, I feel like I can post some new pictures and write about what Lucy is doing now. She is doing so many new things, it is hard to keep up. She loves her books, especially lift-the-flap or her touch and feel books. She helps to turn the pages and everything. Not surprisingly, she loves to dance anytime she hears any sort of music, including music from the stereo, music from a toy, or singing. She starts to bop her knees and bounce her legs. I think it is so amazing how children respond so instantly to music and Lucy is no exception. The second she hears some music she does a little shimmy. Lucy has begun to push around her toy bike or a laundry basket. She is going to be walking here before we are ready! She can stand on her own for several seconds now. She enjoys playing in her sensory bin, now filled with flax seed, splashing and kicking water is super fun, and she loves it when the dishwasher is opened. She has her 2 bottom teeth and her two front top teeth are coming in together, slowly but surely. She is so cute when I give her a toothbrush. She loves to make all kinds of sounds, mama, dada, spitting her tongue, repeating sounds we make, panting like a dog when she sees Gracie or the cats....she is so cute! She does seems to say mama and dada to us, and gets so excited when either of us gets home.
Right after we returned from our trip, we took another. Lucy had her 9 month doctors appointment, where she weighed in at 19 lb, 2 ft 5 in. Then we left for Seattle. Marc had a conference in Downtown Seattle, and I thought I would come up to see him and visit with my Aunt Dianne and Uncle Mike. Well, after the long road trip in the car, Lucy is not too fond of her car seat, and driving to Seattle with her by myself did not seem too fun. So we took the train! Marc was already up there. The train ride was great, it was nice to be able to walk around with her, and other passengers were very nice in helping me get off and on with all of our stuff. It was pouring when we got to Seattle, but I had a stroller cover and we walked to the hotel. Sounds crazy, but the walk felt great. My Aunt and Uncle were at the hotel waiting, and we took a rainy walk to Pike's Place Market and then back to the hotel for dinner. It was a nice visit, and special for Lucy to see her Great Aunt and be held by her. Then the next morning we woke up and traveled by train back to Portland, this time with Marc in tow. We will have to do it again sometime, but with a longer stay.
Well, Lucy is in the other room laughing at Gracie, so cute! Thanks for checking in! Love, Koree

2 comments:
I had so much fun looking through all of your vacation pictures. Looks like you all have been so busy !! Lucy is so adorable, I love her smile in all of the pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season !!
Hi Koree! So bummed we didn't get to see you, but it was for the best we all ended up catching Terje's cold...that would've messed up your festival plans! Next time you're down...hope we can get together! So great to see pics of you and your family here. so glad you're all doing so well. cheers!
Post a Comment