



Once we made it to Southern California, Lucy and I spent 5 nights with my parents. Here she met her Uncle Nick for the first time. Nick was so excited to meet Baby Lucy and was very sweet with her, video taping her, reading to her and playing with her. She loved him! We went to a surprise birthday party for my Aunt Terry the night we got there, and we all had to dress up and wear masks. It was a fun time and so good to see so much of the Karr Family, and introduce Lucy to them. I got to meet Katie's boyfriend Roman and his son Chris finally, and also met my brother's fiance Diana for the first time. They are getting married on Thanksgiving Day this year, and we are sad that we will not be able to be there. Everyone seems so happy! The next day we had a BBQ at my parents house where we saw lots of friends and family, and Lucy was the star attraction. It was so great to see everybody, but of course too short. Lucy met her Great Grandpa Si which was very special for me.
Going to So Cal means the beach! The day we went it was windy, but not too cold, and so fun to let Lucy play in the sand, with shells, and with some seaweed her Grandpa Dave found. We also visited a pumpkin "patch" in Elsinore. Lucy was not a fan of the scratchy straw bale I sat her on, but she looked so cute in her costume. Our visit at my parents went quickly and I wish Portland was not so far away. We are lucky to have such wonderful family.

1 comment:
LOVE all of these pics, Koree! Looks like you had a fun trip and that your family loved every minute of your visit. I'm so sad that I didn't get to meet your little ladybug... next time. :)
Post a Comment