Monday, November 16, 2009

California Trip Part I









Last Month Lucy and I embarked on a road trip with my sister Katie. What a great time we had. Looking through these photos is really making me see what a great time we had, and how many wonderful memories that we made together. Our first stop was in Mt. Shasta, where we stayed with my friend from college, Trevor, and his family. His twin step-daughters, Bella and Wrena, were so sweet with Lucy, and she loved getting to play with them. The next night we made it to Berkeley and stayed with my friend from high school, Jamie and her family. Jamie is an amazing mother to her two sons, and I learned a lot from her in the time we spent together. We went for a walk to a nearby park, and Lucy and Finn enjoyed a swing ride! So cute! The next morning we drove into San Fransisco and met my old friend Carridad for lunch. What a neat city, I am always impressed by SF. I wish we had been able to spend more time there. That night we had a special evening with my Aunt Anne and Uncle Rich in Foster City, just south of SF. Katie and I really enjoyed our visit with them, and it was so fun to introduce Lucy to them. They have a beautiful home, and Aunt Anne is an amazing cook. I am still dreaming of her chicken and pancakes! Our last stop before Lake Elsinore was Santa Barbara for the night, where we met up with some friends from college, Carson and Martha. It is so nice to maintain these connections, and see how old friends and family are doing in life. I love picking up where we left off!

Katie is an amazing Auntie and we had such a fun time. Lucy really was a champ in the car and such a social little girl. I love to see her interact with new people, and I especially loved seeing her relationship develop with her Auntie. This trip would not have been possible without her! Happy Birthday, Katie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Koree!

So cool to see you, even though it was so short, a couple weekends ago. Take care up there!

Andy

Katie said...

Thank you for all the sweet comments. I love you and Lucy more than you will ever know. XOXOXO

Katie said...

Seriously, that PIcture of Uncle RIch and Lucy CRACKS me up everytime!!