Sunday, November 27, 2011

Glacier National Park - August 2011 Part 1

At Pappy Bobby's

Mid point in the most scenic hike that I have ever been on.

Hidden Lake

We saw lots of Mountain Goats, including one that almost attacked  us.

Lucy and her Pappy Bobby

Happy Family

Notice all of the spawning trout. Lucy walked through freezing cold water with ice in it to get to this rock!

Just gorgeous

What a girl!
Last August, after seeing Phish in Central Washington, we drove up to Northern Idaho, picked up Marc's Dad Bob, and headed out for a Montanan Adventure. We spent several days in Glacier National Park, and all I can say is Wow! This really is one of the most beautiful, stunning places in the world. Here I have included photos from a hike  from Logans Pass down to Hidden Lake. Every last second of this hike was gorgeous. Six miles of amazement. There were lots of other people, but it didn't really matter. We saw wildlife at every turn, and wildflowers were everywhere. Lucy was a champ with the hiking. It is so much fun to share such beautiful places with her.

2 comments:

kamesse said...

That Lucy has seen so much beauty in her short life! I am jealous!

monet said...

wow! gorgeous! somehow we have got to add "exploring beautiful places" to our 2012 resolutions...you guys always inspire me!