 |
| Summertime! |
 |
| Watermelon! |
 |
| Elowah Falls |
 |
| Sunrise when camping at the beach |
 |
| Evan and Lucy! |
 |
| Evan and Rose. Look at those eyes! |
 |
| My girl |
I am so far behind in updating my blog here, but I am still determined to "catch up" in order. In ten years when I look at this, it will not matter. :) And it is nice to reflect on all the fun things we have done.
When we got back from our vacation, the weather was great. Lucy and I had lots of fun playing in the front yard in our little swimming pool, eating watermelon and enjoying the sunshine. I took a bunch of pictures of our garden, which I would love to post here, but then my sister would make fun of me for taking pictures of flowers, and accuse me of turning into an old lady. :) The yard looked great though, lots of beautiful flowers. We took a hike out to Elowah Falls in the Gorge with our friend Katie, and it was so beautiful. An amazing falls that is "off the beaten path" and so we were the only ones there when we ate our picnic lunch.
We also took a last family camping trip with a bunch of friends out to the Oregon Coast. I was so excited as the weather reports were calling for 70s, which is amazing for the coast up here. I was picturing playing by the water...relaxing on the sand and reading a book...building sandcastles with Lucy...and while the weather did hit 70, if you walked out to the ocean the wind was so fierce that is was difficult to just hang out. We did manage to for a while with an umbrella set up as a wind break, but it was not what I was imagining. Sometimes this California girl misses the sunny, warm beach. The second day was not as warm, but calm out on the beach, so we explored some tide pools. We all had a great time, I feel so lucky that we have the chance to experience so many things, and have so many great friends to do them with. I realize I don't have any pictures of Marc...I suppose that is because the guys were off crabbing while the girls watched the kids. Dungeness crab sure is yummy!!! Mmmm, crab!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment