Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Night...

I know that this picture is from her birthday, but I just saw it for the first time today and I kind of liked it...and I did not want to post something without a picture. We are here at Doernbecher Children's Hospital tonight. We had an appointment earlier today with the doc and we thought we would be learning about her surgery and what to expect. Instead we found out that her biopsy results were still inconclusive. They did not find any nerve cells, but they also look for one other thing from the biopsy to confirm Hirschsprung's, and they did not find it. So she had another biopsy which took more tissue, so hopefully we will get some better results from it. Unfortunatley she was having some significant bleeding from her bottom after the biopsy, and I had to bring her back up here. It looks like the bleeding may have stopped...lets hope so! Not the way we wanted to spend our Friday night, but we will do whatever needs to be done for our baby girl. Lucy is hanging in there and so are we. Sorry if this is too much info, but it helps me to write it out. I still have not quite processed her birth, and now it seems like ages ago and so much has been added to the pile of things to process! Thanks for your concern and support. Love, Koree

3 comments:

kamesse said...

Koree,
I think that you will be so grateful to have written all of this down. One day, this will all seem like a blur - believe it or not. :) I was really hoping that they'd do another biopsy (as tough as that may or may not have been) because it seems rational when you have two with different (or inconclusive) results. Thank you for keeping us Lucy lovers posted! And, I hope that you know more information very soon...

Alicia Colon said...

Koree, you and your sweet little family are in my thoughts. She is adorable.

Unknown said...

Koree,
i'm thinking of you and your sweet family. thanks for keeping us posted about little lucy...i love all of the pictures - she's going to love hearing about and then reading her story soon :)! take care, all of you!