Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lots of visitors!





The past couple of weeks have brought much joy to our lives and brought many visitors to our home. My sister Katie, Marc's Dad and Linda, and my Mom and Dad came from afar. Many local friends have stopped by for shorter visits, and it has been great to see everyone. Baby Lucy is so special and I am glad that our families are getting to see her when she is so young. With all that has been going on, our guests have also been very helpful with things like cooking dinner, doing dishes and holding Lucy when we can't. We are so greatful for your help! Lucy is doing great, growing by the minute...she was 9 lbs, 2 oz today at her 2 week pediatrician appointment! She seems to be getting more interactive, focusing for longer periods on our faces, and more wakeful in the daytime, so we can see her pretty grey eyes. Her doctor said everything is going so well...except for the fact that she does indeed have Hirschsprung's disease. We were hopeful for some different news but we are glad that we know this, and that she is otherwise doing so well. We have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow and will have more answers then, and hopefully some idea of when her surgery will be. I know that the weeks ahead are going to present us with many challenges, but I also know that we have a great support network, and with eachother, our families and our friends we will all come through this stronger. We are so lucky to have you all and Baby Lucy in our lives! Love, Koree

2 comments:

GFMouse said...

Your blog came across my google alerts. My son also has Hirschsprung's Disease. I am not sure what state you live in but there are some awesome doctors that know alot about this disease and are experts in the area. The two most talked about are at Cincinattie Childrens (Dr Levitt and Pena). My son's doctor is here in California and was trained by those two docs. Feel free to visit my blog, my son was dx a year ago but his was a very late diagnosis.
tylerjourney.blogspot.com

my blog has a ton of resources, message boards and support system relating to Hirschsprung's Disease. One that has been the most helpful has been www.pullthrunetwork.org

Auntie Colleen said...

Hi Koree and Marc, It is great to hear from you again. I am glad your parents were able to come up. David said he had a really hard time leaving baby Lucy...ahhh grandpa! I hope you are getting some good rest and a healthy daily schedule now...remember you sleep when Lucy sleeps. I hope to be up the first week of April for Teya's baby shower "it's a girl...Gracie" so if it's okay I would like to see you all also. Just let me know. Sending love to you today and always, Auntie Colleen