Friday, August 28, 2009

Seven Months!




r





Lucy is growing so quickly and learning to do so many things. The latest big milestone was that yesterday she figured out how to go from a hands and knees position into sitting up. Wow! It was so much fun to watch her do it for the first time. I am really enjoying her so much. She is so snuggly and it is so nice when she burrows into my chest and holds on. She loves to smile and laugh, and she just makes your heart glad! She is beginning to be able to feed herself cheerios, she is so happy when she actually gets one into her mouth. We started swim lessons (basically playing and singing songs in the pool), and she is a champ. She likes to splash the water and check out the other kids. One funny thing she has discovered is the edge of the rug. She likes to roll on over to the edge, and lift it up to look underneath. You can see evidence of this in one of the above pictures.

We were lucky this past week and had Marc's Grandma Marion and Aunt Ronda in town. It was a fun visit. We went downtown, out on a hike and to Multnomah Falls. We also went out to a really yummy dinner, and played some fun games! It was wonderful to see them both. Lucy seems to like to have company. I really enjoyed getting to share her and all of the fun things she is doing, and I appreciated the help. It is so special that Lucy has such a wonderful Great-Grandma and Great-Auntie. Thanks for travelling up here!

1 comment:

Grandma Pam said...

Lucy makes my heart glad too, what a great way to put it. When she smiles her whole face lights up and you can't help but smile yourself. I'm so glad Marian and Rhonda got to visit you all and it looks like you had some fun! With each new blog it sounds like Lucy is learning new things everyday! I know I'm missing out on so much; but love each special pic you post.

Hugs and Kisses,

Grandma Pam