Sunday, September 27, 2009

Eight Months Old Today!











Hi there! I hope that you are all well and loving life. First off, Lucy's cousin Mason had a birthday today! Happy 7th Birthday Mason!!! Lucy is doing great, crawling all over the place and learning new things everyday. She can now pull herself up to standing, let go with one arm and balance, and she even tried to climb up on something! She cruises around the house looking for me if I am in another room, and goes after the dog or cats any chance she gets. Two of our cats don't come around so much anymore, and the third, Uliei, is pretty good at coming around, letting her see him, and then getting out of her way. He likes the comfort of the house too much to let a little baby stand in his way. He did discover that he likes her boppy pillow to sleep in! I thought it was pretty cute. She has become a little ornery from time to time, hmmm, I wonder who she gets that from? (Hint: I highly doubt if Marc has ever been called ornery.) She protest things she doesn't like, and has even screamed! Wow! We can usually get her to do what we want her to do with some coercion (like a toy at diaper time, or a bite of chicken before the bite of pinto beans and carrot mix Marc made for her...etc.) She likes to feed herself and does a good job of it. I went to the Goodwill and go her the cutest dolly, a homemade Cabbage Patch Kid. She LOVES her, and smiles so big when I show her the doll. One beautiful thing about Lucy is that she has a talent for making people feel good. She smiles at most everybody, and brings light, smiles and laughter wherever she goes. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. :)
PS. My brother Nick and his girlfriend Diana just became engaged. Congrats to the two of them!




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Koree,
Thanks for the update and the cute pictures. Lucy is so sweet, but it's funny to hear she's getting a little temper on. It's funny when they get a little spunk. We miss you and can't wait for Thanksgiving.
Stephanie

kamesse said...

Love the latest pics of your cutie, Lucy! Can't wait to see you soon. Congrats to Nick and his fiance!!